Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mia


So, yesterday evening Mia ran through my bedroom to get her bathing suit. She looked at me and asked, "Are you praying?" I said, "Yep, want to pray with me?" "Well, I was going in the pool." I told her, "Will only take a minute." She willingly agreed. Of course she wants to go first.:) She proceeds to pray that God will show her how to "use the tools" she needs to save people when she is a doctor and then goes on to pray for these people already: That He will heal her patients bodies, make them strong and give them good hearts for Him. There is A LOT going on in that 38 pound body!

11 comments:

Gail said...

Way to go Mia! She reminds me so much of Carsen at times. God has big plans for Mia, sit back and enjoy the show, Mom, it is quite a show when God captures your child's heart and soul!

Michelle said...

That's awesome, Gretchen!! Isn't it cool to see your child following the Lord at such an early age.

angela said...

wow! that's great! i can't wait to see her on sunday night!

Shannon H. said...

my kid prays for gills so she can swim under water longer...

you are leading her by example. well done.

Elisabeth said...

She amazes me! She said she wanted to be a doctor... more specifically: "a pretty lady doctor that cuts open ladies' bellies to get the babies out so the babies can have a good life" (yes, that was a quote from Mia)

Love that picture! A second after the camera snapped she turned her head to stick out her tough! Uhh!

Harry said...

yeah, she is ok but she makes me mad sometimes.

Kathy Eden said...

That is awesome!

lori shepler - said...

love reading your blog, keep it coming!

lori (http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/)

Angela said...

Amazing!!!

Blog said...

You have some amazing kids Gretchen!!!

Anonymous said...

Gretchen:

I just found your blog and I am so happy!!!

Emma and Kaitlyn had such a great time in August and Kaitlyn and my sister Karen, are coming back in October!!!

It was great to meet you years ago, and I am so touched by what you are doing for the kids of Haiti!!

Love and hugs,
Karla Brown